Monday, October 27, 2008

Connor and Kaitlyn are here! 37 weeks, 1 day



At 11:15am Dr. Chris Bassil shows up and we get rolled in to Operating Room #5. All the nurses say we got the big room since we have twins!

11:35am and Connor James is born! Connor - you're 20 inches long and 7lbs 12 oz. The proud doc holds you up over the curtain for me to see you. You weren't quite wiped clean yet - so you dribbled blood on Mom's face (yet I couldn't be happier).

A moment later at 11:36am, Kaitlyn Jane - you were born. You are 19 inches long and 6lbs 15 oz. So precious and petite compared to your big brother. You too dribbled blood on me at first - but now I'm ready for it!

Dad stays with you both while they sew me back together. I can hear the doctors, nurses and technicians exclaiming how large you both are. Almost 15lbs of babies!

By 12:20 - they roll me back to post-op. That's when I hear that Connor - you are grunting when you breath and have to go to transitional care for a few hours to be monitored. Kaitlyn - you are all ready for the nursery - so you get separated from each other for the first time ever!

Mom and Dad couldn't be more proud of the most beautiful babies ever born (but, yes, we are biased!). Mostly - we are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment