Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're 4 pounds






Week 32 day 4

Hugh and I saw the Doctors today everything is going great. Last time, the little boy was breach and the little girl was head down. Shirley said, don't worry - they still have plenty of time to turn. Well - she was right. Now both of them are breach! Big picture- ok since we are still scheduled for a C-section.

His heartbeat was 135 and hers was 147 - nice and normal. They didn't do an estimated weight this week, but I know I gained 3lbs in 2 weeks - so we know that they are growing too. I'm guessing they are about 4lbs by now. With the ultrasound, the babies were measured on some sort of scale for their breathing and movements. Both babies got an 8 out of 8 score - very reassuring.

As Mom and Shirley saw last weekend, I'm really slowing down and having a tough time walking very far at all. I spoke to the Doctor about that and she said I was starting the Braxton-Hicks contractions, which is why my tummy feels so hard/tight during the day. Hugh continues to be my knight in shining armor and help me with most everything.

The parting words from Doctor Henke was that she suspected that I won't go all the way to Oct 27th given that I'm already 40cm. She said if I can make it till Monday a week from now and I went in to labor - they would let me go ahead and deliver via a C. If I went in to labor before that Monday, they would try to stop labor and use steroids (surfactant) to help the lungs mature a little bit more. So - who knows when these babies will make their debut.

All I know is that when they get here, that they will be staying in a nursery that is well decorated (thanks for doing so much Shirley and Mom to pull everything together) and that they will be well dressed (thanks to so many friends for sharing precious outfits).

No comments:

Post a Comment