Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Food for Babies


I know some of you think I'm slightly crazy (for a variety of reasons). So, when I told people I was going to make home-made baby food for the twins, they thought I was joking. What not everyone knew, though, was that for the past 3 years, we've been making home-made cat food for Noisey. How can you make home-made cat food, but not home-made baby food?

Anyway - tonight I made sweet potato with rice cereal, with a little apple juice to taste. Kate and Connor LOVED it! While the taste confused them at first, within a few bites they were gobbling it down. Very exciting for me.

So - I got a little carried away and made pureed yellow squash, pureed spinach, and pureed potatoes. I know I can only add a new food every 4 days or so - so I think I've made food to last quite a while. Hope we have plenty of room in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment